If you go shooting regularly you may find yourself getting bored with going to the same places week in and week out. Maybe it is time to look at visiting new places to enjoy a day in the countryside, there are numerous places around the country that can offer an amazing days experience.
Here are 15 of some of our favourite shooting grounds in the UK
- Bisley and Braidwood, Surrey and Scotland – a two for one deal, Bisley has two shooting grounds in the UK. Surreys ground sees 3000 acres of nature within Surrey health and woodland just outside of London. Whilst Braidwood is slightly south of Edinburgh, set within a stunning estate overlooking Eildon hills.
- Treetops Shooting Ground, Gwent – founded in 1989 it is set on land that previously formed part of the Tredegar family’s sporting estate.
- Ian Coley Sporting, Gloucestershire – one of the best-known names in shooting, Ian coley started as a gamekeeper and now owns his own shooting empire. This ground is set on a good-sized 50 acres near Andoversford.
- Holland And Holland Shooting Grounds, Ruislip – if you like the traditions of the wonderful sport of shooting then you will certainly love the splendidly appointed facilities of the Holland and Holland shooting ground in North West London. The tree lined entrance leads to a modern lodge with 60 acres of sweeping grassland and woods.
- Park Lodge Shooting School, East Yorkshire – park lodge had opened its doors in 2012 when people visited and left astonishing reviews saying the experience still lives with them now. Set in a stunning 42 acres of open land near Cowick, the quality of the clubhouse itself should leave other shooting grounds very envious.
- Bywell Shooting Ground, Northumberland – Bywell is a great ground to visit if you are travelling north or south on the A1. Bywell offers an extremely well stocked gunroom that people in the know would travel miles and miles in hope to find what they are looking for.
- West London Shooting School, Northolt – very close to central London, this ground offers peaceful ambience, expert instructors, and a suitably grand clubhouse.
- Lady’s Wood, Gloucestershire – established in 1981, it is set amid the beautiful Gloucestershire countryside with easy access from both the M4 and M5. 65 acres of natural woodland with an attractive Cotswold stone lodge draws in many.
- West Kent Shooting Ground, Kent – recent investment saw this ground welcome a new clubhouse extension and two new stands meaning that there are a wonderful 15 areas to shoot from at any one time.
With all of these amazing grounds dotted across the country, looking at new air rifles to test out has never been so tempting.