Whether you are an owner of cheap bb guns or the most expensive bb guns available on the market, it is imperative that you understand the importance of keeping them clean and looking after them. Cleaning a bb gun is one of the most important aspects of owning a gun, however in recent months it has become apparent that many bb gun owners fail to clean their weapons a regular basis, which is an absolute tragedy.
Even after using bb guns just a few times, you would be surprised at the huge levels of dirt and grime that they seem to build up inside their barrels! This said grime and dirt may not straight away be apparent to the eye, however, if you think that your weapon isn’t shooting as well as it should be, or as good as it previously has before, this could be the result of a dirt/grime build up.
If you have decided that now is the time for you to clean your bb gun, here are the steps in which you should follow:
- Place your gun in a gun vice if possible – Gun vices are specifically designed for gun cleaning, and allow for owners to use both hands for cleaning, making it much easier than ever before.
- Collect some fishing wire – ensuring that is much longer than your guns barrel. (This will be used to pull solvent covered cloth through the guns barrel.)
- Slide the solvent covered cloth through the entire guns barrel with the assistance of your fishing wire. Make sure that the solvent that you use is not flammable.
- Once the pull through reaches the end of your barrel, tie a piece of string to the end and attach a piece of cotton.
- Pull the cotton back through the guns barrel and then remove the cotton.
- After this, attach more cotton, and keep repeating the same process until the cotton comes back out 100% clean.
If for any reason you don’t understand these instructions, or don’t feel as though you are confident or competent enough to clean your gun yourself, and you don’t have anyone with you to assist – we would highly recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your individual airsoft bb gun whom should be more than happy to help assist and guide you through the entire process.